JewsChooseTrump.Org recognized three years ago that Donald Trump was the presidential candidate of choice for Jews who care deeply about U.S. national security and Israel’s security.
This recognition was based primarily on two basic issues.
The primary reason we committed to working hard for Trump’s election was his opposition to the cataclysmically disastrous Nuclear Iran Deal. That “deal” not only officially greenlighted the ability for the genocidal terrorist Iranian regime to attain nuclear weapons in ten years, it did little to ensure that the mullahs would not continue its nuclear program during those ten years. What’s more, Obama and his administration handed over BILLIONS of dollars in hard cash to the mullahs which they then used to finance global terrorism.
As a matter of security for the U.S., for Israel, and for the world, we fervently hoped that Donald Trump would undo the Iran Deal. Trump’s opponent in 2016 supported Obama’s Nuclear Iran Deal.
The second reason we strongly supported Donald Trump for President was alarm over the previous Administration’s harsh treatment of our closest ally in the Middle East, the Jewish Homeland: Israel. The eight years of the previous Administration were years marked by antagonism towards Israel and its democratically elected leader, and by repeated, egregious treatment of Israel’s self-defensive measures as morally equivalent to the brutal, intentional acts of murder and other forms of terrorism directed towards Israelis, including women, children and other non-combatants.
Because Donald Trump chose David Friedman and Jason Greenblatt to be his advisors on Israel, we felt confident that Trump would reverse course from the Obama administration. That Trump would treat Israel fairly: as the stalwart ally of the U.S. in the global war against Islamist terrorism. What’s more, we were assured, because of his choice of advisors, that Trump would be unafraid to do far more than offer easy lip service in support of Israel’s rights as a sovereign nation.
TRUMP CAME THROUGH ON BOTH COUNTS. He:
1. Withdrew from the cataclysmic Nuclear Iran Deal and immediately began reimposing sanctions on Iran that the Deal had lifted or waived – and has continued to impose additional sanctions on Iran;
2.Officially recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital;
3.Moved the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem;
4 Ensured enforcement of the Taylor Force Act – so U.S. taxpayers’ dollars would not be used to pay terrorists to maim and murder Israelis;
5.Officially recognized Israel’s sovereignty over the strategic Golan Heights;
6.Closed the PLO office in Washington, D.C.;
7. Turned off the spigot of US dollars supporting the terrorism-enabler UNRWA;
8. Cut financial support to USAID for Palestinian Arab projects because the Palestinian Authority refused to be exposed to financial liability for terrorism under new US law;
9.Appointed the most pro-Israel US Ambassador to the United Nations in decades; While at the UN as the voice of the Trump administration, Nikki Haley repeatedly and forcefully beat back at the anti-Israel efforts of the Islamist and other anti-Israel representatives at the UN, refusing to countenance the Israel-bashing that appears to be the raison d’etre of the global body;
10. Calls out and refuses to kowtow to members of Congress who support BDS.
SINCE 2016, Donald Trump has more than come through on his promises to us. And during this same time, the Democrats have become even less concerned about, even hostile towards, U.S. national security, Israel and even American Jews.
It is clear that any of the current contenders for the Democrat party’s nomination for president will roll back or in other ways significantly dilute Trump’s signature achievements. All of President Trump’s pro-Israel actions were taken by Executive Orders. They can easily be reversed.
- All of the candidates, including former VP Joe Biden, said they would re-enter the Iran Nuclear Deal and lift Trump’s Iranian sanctions upon taking office. This deal is an existential danger to Israel, to the U.S., and quite possibly to the entire world.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders and Mayor Pete Buttegeig labeled Israel’s democratically elected government “racist.” None of the other Democratic candidates objected to this calumny.
- Thirty-four Democratic senators petitioned Trump to restore American funding to UNRWA. If restored, our taxpayer dollars’ would again be used to foment hatred of Jews through UNRWA schools and textbooks. That’s our money used to encourage future generations of Jew-murderers.
- Only two Democratic candidates have publicly said they would NOT move the U.S. Embassy out of Jerusalem (Klobucher and Buttigieg). Not one publicly supported the move of the Embassy to Jerusalem, Israel’s capital. Sen. Sanders was volubly critical of the move. He supported the cowards of the past American and current foreign government leaders that the move would hurt the prospects for Israeli-Palestinian peace.
- Not one Democratic candidate has publicly supported Trump’s recognition of Israeli sovereignty over the strategically vital Golan Heights.
- Booker, Harris, Warren, Sanders and Gillibrand voted against anti-BDS legislation in the Senate in Feb. Only Bennett and Klobuchar voted for it.
It isn’t just the Democrats seeking their party’s nomination for President. Rank and file party members have betrayed Jewish voters, most infamously when it failed miserably to even write, let alone pass, a simple Congressional Resolution to condemn antisemitism.
This past February Ilhan Omar (D-MN) smeared Congressional support for Israel as paid for by Jews (“It’s all about the Benjamins, baby”). Omar followed this up by attacking Jewish criticism of her as anti-Muslim prejudice and tarring them with the dual-loyalty canard. And then the House Democrats could not bring themselves to censure Omar for her antisemitism. They caved to progressive pressure and passed a mealy-mouthed Resolution condemning ALL discrimination, refusing to single out the one form which gave rise to the Resolution: antisemitism.
Even before she entered Congress, in 2012 Omar publicly said that Israel: “has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.”
Despite Omar’s public history, the Democratic leadership in Congress appointed the neophyte Congresswoman to the House Foreign Relations Committee, one of the most coveted committees, one which allows her access to highly sensitive materials about the U.S and our allies, including Israel.
In discussing the most horrific attack on mainland America in history, 9/11, Omar described what happened as “some people did something.”
The Democrats in Congress have chosen to close ranks around the four first-year members of Congress known as “The Squad” despite their joint efforts to subvert American values, in particular attacking the USA for even wanting to have secure borders, and for refusing to support Socialist tyrants such as Venezuela’s Maduro.
Omar told a Jewish congresswoman in March that she shouldn’t have to “pledge allegiance” to Israel in order to be accepted as American, and laughed at the idea that Israel is a democracy, claiming Israel only recognizes the Jewish, and not other, religions. She also said that America is not really “great” and the “land of liberty and Justice” because “we don’t live those values here.”
Omar and her colleague Rashida Tlaib( D-MI) recently introduced a Resolution condemning anti-BDS legislation. The Resolution compares Nazi atrocities and Apartheid South Africa with Israel’s self-defensive measures.
In May, Tlaib also claimed she has a “calming feeling” when she thinks about the Holocaust because “her ancestors” gave up their land to create a safe haven for the post-Holocaust Jews, a wholly false and offensive statement. On July 23, in opposition to a House Resolution condemning the anti-Israel BDS movement, Tlaib said she “can't stand by and watch this attack on our freedom of speech and the right to boycott the racist policies of the government in the state of Israel.”
Tlaib supports cutting off U.S. funding to Israel and believes in the Palestinian Arab “Right of Return,” creating a “One State,” meaning: No Israel. She said of President Trump: “Impeach the M*****F*****.”
Tlaib, upon assuming office this January, covered up Israel on a map in her office, labeling it instead “Palestine.”
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) had the temerity to compare detention centers for those entering the U.S. illegally with the Nazi concentration camps. AOC consistently supports the outrages of her colleagues Omar and Tlaib.
For the same reasons we supported Donald Trump for President in 2016 and for all that he has done to justify that support while in office – not to mention the hard-left turn taken by the Democratic party in the past three years - we are committed to ensuring his re-election.